CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 13, 2012

Heading back to reality!

A "back to reality" kind of a monday.  Well mondays tend to be that way anyway, for many of us, but as a mom and a teacher, summer of course has a much easier pace.  My daughter's first day in her classroom, (now a big first grader!) is next monday, the 20th, but today was her registration day, where we filled in all of the paperwork, bought a school shirt, found out who her teacher is, etc.  One awesome thing, we found out she got the one teacher out of the four I was hoping she'd get, and that was without making a request.  I trusted her K teacher's judgement, rightfully so I guess!! 
The other reality piece, is that I start teaching back in the classroom one week after daughter, the 27th.  One nice thing about being in different districts, and my starting a week later, is that I can truly see her off on her first day of school.  My little helper accompanied me to my own classroom, after her registration, to help me start setting up, something we'll work on most of this week I figure!  I love my job, love working with my 4th graders and watching them grow and learn.  I'm blessed to have such a great career, and blessed to have the summers with mommy/daughter time.....YET summer sure does go by FAST!!!!!

Goodbye, Summer!!


On that note, the activities I'm most excited about in the Fall season are school activities, pumpkin festivals, and Halloween!

** What fall activities are you most excited for? **

LIFE OF MEG

3 comments:

  1. Good morning! I'm stopping by to let you know that I have passed along the Versatile Blogger Award to you! Check it out!
    http://cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-versatile-blog-awardreally-how.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do get as excited for the first day of school as the kids i think. well, excited and sad. i have a first grader too and absolutely cannot believe it.

    stop by today and enter my fun little eyeliner giveaway!
    http://goodiesandbesties.blogspot.com/2012/08/daliia-herbal-kohl-eyeliner-giveaway_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going outside! LOL! It's been so hot and humid outside, I haven't wanted to do anything.

    Found you at "I Love My Online Friends" blog hop. Check me out at: http://www.100lbcountdown.com

    April

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing back from you :-) Will try to return all visits!